HEMEXPO has the pleasure to be one of the Silver Sponsors of ELEMED Conference which will be held on Tuesday 27th of February, at Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, at Lighthouse.
ELEMED involves three EU member states -Cyprus, Greece and Slovenia- forming a strong consortium, comprised by a team of experts, from the marine, engineering and academic sector.
It is a co-funded by the European Commission project. Among the project partners are: Lloyd’s Register, the National Technical University of Athens, key ports (Piraeus, Cyprus Port Authority, Koper), technical marine organisations and others.
The project prepares the ground for the introduction of cold ironing, electric bunkering and hybrid ships across the Eastern Mediterranean Sea corridor and aims at studying all technical, regulatory, safety and financial issues related to the shore produced electricity and electric propulsion for vessels in Eastern Mediterranean region.
ELEMED prepares the ground for the introduction of cold ironing, electric bunkering and hybrid ships across the Eastern Mediterranean Sea corridor, aiming at eliminating emissions & noise in ports and surrounding urban area. It is a co-funded by European Union project, studying all technical, regulatory and financial issues related to the establishment of cold-ironing infrastructure, in four ports (Piraeus, Killini, Lemesos, Koper), involving Greece, Slovenia and Cyprus. Within ELEMED framework, the first pilot cold-ironing infrastructure in Eastern Mediterranean will be established in Killini Port. Among the project partners are: Lloyd’s Register, the National Technical University of Athens, port authorities, technical marine organisations and others.
The key agenda topics are the following:
- ELEMED project & electrification strategies
- The 1st cold ironing installation in East Med
- The roadmap for effective regulatory framework for electrification
- EU success stories of shipping electrification & cold-ironing applications
- Challenges & opportunities for zero-emission technology applications in ports & vessels
- Renewable energy integration in ports
- Roadmap & strategies for islands’ transition through electrification
- Developing sustainable insular communities